RE: 9205 to 9206

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:23:57 -0700

The lock observed is SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE MODE LOCKS in the catalog
database.
Platform 9206 Solaris 5.8 Generic 117350-24
Refer Metalink Note 247611.1 (we created indexes .. but it did not fix
the problem)

Solution:
Doc ID: Note:3966722.8
Subject: Bug 3966722 - Concurrent RMAN backups wait on TM enqueue on CKP
table
<Quote from Metalink>
Concurrent RMAN backups wait on TM enqueue on CKP table
when multiple resyncs are performed in parallel for same/different
databases. There is no error signaled, but the backup job will not
continue until the resync in first job is completed.
</Quote from Metalink)

We patched 9207 for the catalog server but we are using 9206 binary
since our target dbs are <= 9206.
It helped fixed the problem.

For RMAN target Vs RMAN executable binary compatibility matrix refer Doc
ID:  Note:73431.1

HTH
GovindanK