Re: 11g sqlplus on Windows and ctrl-C

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:14:38 +0300

When I read your mail I had a feeling that you are not entirely correct.
I checked with sqlplus, 10.2, and found out that the first CTRL+C terminate the current command and remain in sqlplus.
It is the SECOND CTRL+C that aborts and return to the command prompt.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Adric Norris wrote:
OK, here's a (hopefully) simple question which has proven to be unduly frustrating recently...

When running sqlplus.exe under Windows, is there any method to prevent Ctrl-C from completely terminating the session? On Linux/Unix it only (at worst) terminates the current command, but under windows it completely kills sqlplus... dumping you back to the CMD prompt or closing the window, depending upon how it was started.

I'm already familiar with SQL Developer, but we have a number of administrative scripts which simply work better under sqlplus, and therefore still need to fire it up periodically. I'm trying to get out of the habit of using sqlplusw.exe (although the 10g version is still an option at present), since it's no longer included as of 11g.

Any suggestions?

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.