11g sqlplus on Windows and ctrl-C

  • From: Adric Norris <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:13:11 -0500

OK, here's a (hopefully) simple question which has proven to be unduly
frustrating recently...

When running sqlplus.exe under Windows, is there any method to prevent
Ctrl-C from completely terminating the session?  On Linux/Unix it only (at
worst) terminates the current command, but under windows it completely kills
sqlplus... dumping you back to the CMD prompt or closing the window,
depending upon how it was started.

I'm already familiar with SQL Developer, but we have a number of
administrative scripts which simply work better under sqlplus, and therefore
still need to fire it up periodically.  I'm trying to get out of the habit
of using sqlplusw.exe (although the 10g version is still an option at
present), since it's no longer included as of 11g.

Any suggestions?

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.