11g db shutdown oddity

  • From: Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:39:59 -0900

I upgraded some of our databases to 11g recently.  All but one get
restarted weekly.  The one that doesn't get restarted weekly, gets
restarted sporadically.  The last time it was restarted I noticed
that the alert log had messages that a trace file was generated on
shutdown.

The trace file has the normal shutdown info, but then it has a
system state dump.  There is a ton of info, then a line that
says END OF SYSTEM STATE and then more info...including a line with
the following:

******** ERROR: SGA memory leak detected 464 ********

This looks pretty nasty to me...has anyone else seen something like
this happen?

I'm planning to restart this database tonight to see if we have the
same thing happen.  I've also got an open SR with Oracle.

I'm hoping that this is really just an application problem....

Any comments?

- Maureen