11G RAC Configuration

  • From: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:33:04 -0600

One of our architects asked me if there were any issues with the
configuration below?
Apparently we have a project with a client having the HP BL465C and
asking if we can use the DL365 or DL385.
Plus the rest.  He talked to an Oracle salesman who, of course, has no
clue.
I don't have any RAC configurations like this so any issues?
Didn't think 2 node systems bought us much.

        TIA
        Larry

Here is the configuration we discussed & are trying to validate as
"Oracle supported"...

*         2-node RAC cluster (11G):

1.       Node One: HP BL465C (blade using Virtual Connect Ethernet &
Virtual Connect Fibre-channel)

2.       Node Two: HP DL365 (stand-alone system)

3.       OS: RedHat Linux AS 5.3 (both systems)

4.       Oracle RAC 11i

5.       EMC DMX4 disk (currently supported microcode level no older
than 5671)

6.       Brocade SAN fabric (currently supported FOS level)
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.