Re: 11.2 Grid Infrastructure upgrade failure

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:17:50 +0000

Hi Jason!

from what you said I am assuming you are creating a new CRS home for 11.2. Very interesting scenario :) Please have a presentation ready for one of the next RAC SIGs

jason arneil wrote:
2010/1/5 Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Jason, i'd concur with Martin about the perl script.

The perl script (eventually) runs a oifcfg command, latest from Oracle
is that this command should run from the 10.2 Clusterware home, rather
than the new Grid Infrastructure home, but for some reason it's not.

If that's a test/dev/sandbox (read: not so really important) environment, I might set the full path and see if the execution from the 10.2 home makes any difference. The beauty of perl scripts-you don't have to wait for them to give you a patch. If it's an important box, better stay away from this kind of manipulation.

By the way, is this reproducible?

 I do take issue with the mainstream platform and can't believe comment though.
We see a lot of 10.2 on linux installs - they're nearly all 32 bit.

Hope this helps,

Martin
--
Martin Bach