Re: 11.2.0.2 for Linux is out

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:21:26 +0100

And 3 cheers from me for that, I'd strongly expect the reliability of the
patching process to improve with a complete distribution. Much easier to lay
down a new home, much easier for oracle to regression test the nightly build
and so on. The only remaining issue I guess will be one offs applied to the
old home that may conflict with the new home. Not sure how that one would be
picked up though.

On 10 Sep 2010 17:10, "Tim Hall" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Complete installation now, not just changed files. Read the patch notes
first. You don't need all the zip files. Also, out-of-place patching (new
ORACLE_HOME) is now the recommended approach.

Cheers

Tim...