RE: 11.2.0.2 for Linux is out

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:43:58 +0000

We have always patched into a new ORACLE_HOME.  We would install the existing
version and patch it then apply the new upgrade or patch to this.  There is no
way we can afford to mess up our existing home.  We do no upgrade all out
existing databases at one time so we need both the existing and the new
environment till we get done upgrading.

As far as I am concerned this is how upgrades should have always been done.  It
is about time Oracle takes this approach.