RE: 11.2.0.2: Why is the local listener listening on public ip?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx" <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:16:24 +0100

With server side load balancing you can control the ip that is returned to the
client by setting the local listener parameter. If you put the vip there (or in
the tnsnames alias to which you are referring to) the vip ip will be returned
to the client.

This is also best practice as in case of a node failure the client will benefit
from faster failover.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime