Re: 11.1 database will not open after upgrading clusterware and ASM to 11.2

  • From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:44:47 +0100

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Look at doc 745450.1 on MOS, it may help

Thanks for the pointer. I have submitted an SR to see if Oracle
support can help figure what is going on, but I have also found posts
on OTN referencing patch 9343627 (which was then superseded by
9778840), that say that this needs to be applied to make a pre 11.2
database work with 11.2 GI. But since it was the ASM upgrade failing
in my case I figures it was best to get Oracle on the case.

Regards
Pete