Re: 10gAS Oracle Forms and Reports v9.0.4 on AIX

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dmorse2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:34:20 +0100

Dimitre, Nothing in the logs to indicate problems
shutting down. As far as in-process server
implementation goes, I have not yet reached that
stage. The problem I described has already resulted in
AIX server crash. Believe it or not, the count of java
server processes exceeded 400!

So the problem is different, it's not the fact that "opmnctl stopall" does not shut down the reports
services.
Sounds like misconfiguration issue, try with opmnctl stopall and then kill all the remaining AS processes, run opmnctl startall and then opmnctl status. Check the application logs for errors:

- Apache access and error.log
- OC4J: home - the logs in home_default_island_* dir
- OC4J: OC4J_BI_Forms - the logs in OC4J_BI_Forms_default_island_* dir

I don't know a "faster" method for troubleshooting an Oracle AS issues.

Regrads,
Dimitre