Re: 10g grid control configuration question

  • From: Robert Hanuschke <robert.hanuschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:31:34 +0200

No, you can't disable tabs in 11g either.

As far as functionality goes... it's more of a 10.3 release. It's
right that there have been huge changes regarding the internal
architecture but that's invisible to you once it works. If you don't
use 11.2 databases, it's not really worth the upgrade from a
usability/functionality point of view in my opinion.

On the other hand you'll have to go weblogic with the next release
then anyway and nothing is known about upgrade paths from 10g to
12g/c, you'll possibly have to do both at one time then.

Can't say that 11g is more buggy than 10g and the upgrade path is not
that hard once you know which java and wls version to use and which
patches are needed. I personally did the upgrade twice in two
different companies and it was no problem.

Some very unordered thoughts there, sorry :)

Bottom line: I'm pretty undecided concerning the necessity of the
major release 11g, especially why the weblogic change had to happen
there already. But if you want to do the upgrade, you'll end up with a
system that's no less stable and the upgrade itself is very doable.

Best regards,
Robert
http://robertvsoracle.blogspot.com