Re: 10g grid control configuration question

> Have you used the Grid Control 11g yet? I plan to do an install soon to test
> it out. I was concerned about it since it has a pretty big architecture
> change (uses weblogic) and when oracle makes large changes to things, they
> tend to be really buggy for a while. When I looked at installing it last
> year on a previous project, I noticed I need 2-3 patches just to get through
> install and decided not to bother.

Try 11g yourself.  Joe Johnson's PDF is the most straightforward install doc
I've seen, complete with pretty pictures for us visual learners:

http://disquisitivedba.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/example-installation-of-oracle-em-grid-11gr1/

The one patch that got me was the "WDJ7" Weblogic one that required an SR to
obtain it.  At least according to MOS 1072763.1, it can now be downloaded
like a regular patch.

For me, the hardware requirements and time consumed learning about Weblogic
were too high so I'm sticking with upgrading to 10.2.0.5 for now.  That's
tough enough to do on OEL4.

GL!

Rich