Re: 10G New Features Book

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:56:15 -0600

Mogens,

I must respectfully disagree and agree with you.

RTFM/CTNOM - Good!
When it is something simple, like "How do I create a table?" or "Is the
RBO
supported in 10g?", the response is appropriate. Both of these questions
are
easily answered in the available forums. I don't think it is too much to
ask that
the denizens of the list put forth a little effort to answer their own
question
before asking the list. If you put out the effort to learn X, you will
probably
also learn Y and Z at the same time.

RTFM/CTNOM - Bad!
Trying to find every answer in the doc or on Metalink is not possible.
Sometimes
it is there, but not where you expect to find it (my recent issue) or is
given
fewer words than it deserves (also my recent issue). There are also
bugs, personal
experiences, specific knowledge that we all have that cannot be found in
doc,
books or metalink.

Okay, now I need to stop straddling the fence before I get splinters
you-know-where....

Daniel