RE: linux migration-> A crazy idea

  • From: "Fernandes, Aldrin" <afernand@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:22:43 -0600

Kenan,

I think this is not such a bright idea as stressed by the other gents.

I have successfully done the LINUX migration from PA-RISC to LINUX which also
included a DB upgrade from  PA-RISC TO ITA  an application upgraded to
11.5.10.2 and then a DB upgrade to 9208 to 10GR2.

I had major non DBA related technical issues with the OS setups; an incomplete
11510 software set provide by Oracle; that I got around and now has been
implemented in production. I worked non-stop 32 hrs on the implementation
weekend to get this implemented and ran into an interface issue on prod night
which was resolved, all I am saying it is hard for 1st and 2nd iteration but
you have to go through the process with a fine tooth comb, and that there is
light at the end of tunnel.

Cheers,
Aldrin