Re: linux migration-> A crazy idea

  • From: "Jose Ruiz" <joseantonio.ruizpascual@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:11:54 +0200

Hi Kenan,

In theory it would work, but this is Oracle Applications for sure during the
test and validation environment project task you will have some issues that
you will be able to fix one by one.

I have migrated following Apps migration note and doing the same as you
propose now and in both migrations I have found issues during the validation
environment by the users.

What to choose? depents of how much comfortable you feel and how much
information you have of the source environment.

With Oracle Apps Migration Note you are supported by Oracle during the
migration process, while with the custom method may be you have to fix it
alone.

Based in my expierence I would suggest you the supported option, trust me it
is not to much complex and at leats it's a documented method, your client
will feel more comfortable with it.

Regards,
Jose Antonio