Re: linux migration-> A crazy idea

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:05:36 +0300

Hi Kenan,

> but migrating application tier is really tiring.
I don't know what you find that tiring in migrating Apps tiers to
Linux, possibly it is Windows specific things, but you can do the way
you have described.
If there is no any customizations in your source you can go ahead with
fresh installation and then switching DB-es to existing one.

In fact I have done it then Oracle didn't have supported migration process.
Those days we migrated 11.5.7 from HPUX to Linux.

J.

On 8/27/07, Kenan Öztürk <mynameiskenan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I migrated database from windows to linux, but migrating application tier is
> really tiring.
>
> so i have a crazy idea but not sure if it works, here is the details:
>

> 1- I will backup my database which is on linux now
> 2- make a fresh 11..5.10.2 installation on linux,
> 3- apply all patches that were applied ebs which is on windows
> 4- restart all ebs with the migrated database
>

> do you think it will work?
>
> I need your opinion!
>
> Regards,
> Kenan