Oracle E-Bis R12 Installation on Linux (Laptop)

  • From: Nirmal Kumar Muthukumaran <gm_nirmal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 07:03:02 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Dbas,

Hope some of you have been installed Oracle
Applications R12 on your laptop.

I just want to know the following.

1) How much disk space is required for vision and
fresh instance?
2) RAM required.
3) Can I use external hard disk for the installation.

My plan is, I'm having 60GB (local harddisk) + 70GB
(ext.) and 2GB of RAM.

I'll install Vmware with Oracle Linux. In this i want
to install Oralce apps.

Please let me know your view.

thank you.
Nirmalkumar.