Re: Oracle E-Bis R12 Installation on Linux (Laptop)

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Nirmal,
    You require 163 GB for R12 Vision Instance and another 40 GB for staging
area (skip 40GB requirement) if you are planning to install from disks.

  Make sure Virtual Linux Machine should have atleast 1.5 GB RAM.

  Check
http://becomeappsdba.blogspot.com/2007/03/install-oracle-apps-r12-on-linux-vmware.html

  Atul
  http://teachMeOracle.com/forum

Nirmal Kumar Muthukumaran <gm_nirmal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Dbas,

Hope some of you have been installed Oracle
Applications R12 on your laptop.

I just want to know the following.

1) How much disk space is required for vision and
fresh instance?
2) RAM required.
3) Can I use external hard disk for the installation.

My plan is, I'm having 60GB (local harddisk) + 70GB
(ext.) and 2GB of RAM.

I'll install Vmware with Oracle Linux. In this i want
to install Oralce apps.

Please let me know your view.

thank you.
Nirmalkumar.