RE: Kintana - Mercury ITG - HP ITG

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:07:14 -0800 (PST)

What I am particularly interested to see is how it handles reports.

  Does it move all the Parameters, List of Values, do the menu set up from
instance to instance?

  We will probably have a number of custom reports

  Does it move the custom set ups as well?

  Hand all the aspects of registering the custom Forms?

  The problem isn't moving the actual form or report to the app server, I can
ftp that
  It is all the manual set up of the reports and forms that is time consuming.

  Does it work with Subversion as well as PCVS (we are looking at both of these
items.)

  Thanks so much.

  Kathy

"Palaniappan, Subramanian (GE Healthcare, consultant)"
<Subramanian.Palaniappan@xxxxxx> wrote:
      Kathy,

  Believe me, its worth it. Atleast for the environment where I am in with
around 94 instances ( 40 + of them ERP instances), with a huge number of
customisations in each of the instance ..this tool can be used extensively for
Deployments.

  I myself have automated a variety of deployments through this tool. We use
the tool to fetch the custom code from PVCS( a version controlled code
repository) and deploy it to the target instance. It can ftp your code between
servers, execute unix commands, execute sqls connecting to a database.As you
say the tool also has inbuilt functionalities to migrate AOL components from
one instance to another. If you really need more detailed information, you can
contact me directly simplesubi@xxxxxxxxxxx . I ll be glad to share.

  Thanks
  Subbu