RE: Kintana - Mercury ITG - HP ITG

  • From: "Palaniappan, Subramanian (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <Subramanian.Palaniappan@xxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:37:58 -0500

Kathy,

Believe me, its worth it. Atleast for the environment where I am in with
around 94 instances ( 40 + of them ERP instances), with a huge number of
customisations in each of the instance ..this tool can be used
extensively for Deployments.

I myself have automated a variety of deployments through this tool. We
use the tool to fetch the custom code from PVCS( a version controlled
code repository) and deploy it to the target instance. It can ftp your
code between servers, execute unix commands, execute sqls connecting to
a database.As you say the tool also has inbuilt functionalities to
migrate AOL components from one instance to another. If you really need
more detailed information, you can contact me directly
simplesubi@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:simplesubi@xxxxxxxxxxx>  . I ll be glad
to share.

Thanks
Subbu