Re: Autoconfig Question.

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:45:44 -0800 (PST)

Aldrin,

   As you have moved DB Tier, You can create appsutil.zip via admkappsutil.pl
and bring it to database tier & make necessary changes to xml file regarding
database host & run autoconfig but that won't be enough because of " Net
Service Topology Model " . You have to deregister your database & reregister
your database . Steps to do so are mentioned in 218089.1 Autoconfig FAQ Under
Section Net Services Question 28 to 41

  Check my post about How to change Hostname for Apps Instance at

http://becomeappsdba.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-to-change-hostname-or-domainname.html

  also check metalink Note
  338003.1 How to change the hostname and/or port of the Database Tier using
AutoConfig

  Regards
  Atul Kumar

  http://teachMeOracle.com/forum  <- Solution to all your Apps Issues.

"Fernandes, Aldrin" <afernand@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi Folks,
  A quick autoconfig question, I have moved the DB (database files) Tier to a
new OS platform. How does one reflect the changes about the new host in the
configuration files? Can the appsutil directory be copied over to new server
and the <context>.xml file edited to reflect the new changes and then run
adconfig?
  Currently using split config
DB Tier -- Server A , App Tier B -- Server B {PLATFORM X)
Moved DB Tier to new server --- Server A1 {PLATFORM Y}

Thanks,
Aldrin

  This e-mail contains confidential information that is proprietary to EPCOR
and its subsidiary companies in all respects. This information is intended only
for the person(s) named in the destination address. Unauthorized distribution,
copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in
error, please delete it immediately.

Atul Kumar

Site Dedicated to Apps DBA's
Forum Dedicated to Apps DBA's