RE: Autoconfig Question.

  • From: "Fernandes, Aldrin" <afernand@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:51:24 -0700

Hi Atul,

Excellent info and appreciate your prompt response, however I would like
to clarify a few things before I proceed.

Here's what I had already done:

1. Installed the 11.510.2 on the DB Tier with the seed database.
2. Deregistered the database tier on the original DB Tier Server.
3. Generated the appsutil using the admake.... on the app Tier.
4. Rename the original appsutil directory, unzipped the apputil.zip on
the DB Tier.
5. Do I have to generate the context file using the info below? If not
why and when?

2. Update the AutoConfig Context files (conditional)

        If the Context file values have already been changed previously
and you had to manually remove the Tier server, then you can skip this
step

        DB Tier: Create a new context file using the following syntax:-

                cd <RDBMS ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil
                perl ./bin/adclonectx.pl contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE

Thanks,
Aldrin