Re: Auto e-mail alert

  • From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:52:31 +0400

Hi Belinda,
I might just be repeating what you plan to do here -

option1: from unix/linux, use shell script to invoke SQL*Plus, pick up the mailing list and then call sendmail/mailx or your default mail program to send out the emails.

option2: within database itself, write a PL/SQL program unit to identify the mailing list and then call UTL_SMTP to send out the emails. Schedule this program unit using DBMS_JOB/DBMS_SCHEDULER.

Thanks!
amar kumar padhi
www.amar-padhi.com

Belinda Hamilton wrote:
Hello List,
I need to create a e-mail alert that runs every Monday at 3:00. This will have a dynamic mail to address list based on a sql statement. It does not look like the Application Alerts will do this. It looks like only static distribution lists. I think my alternative is to run a cron job that starts a script that will send these e-mails. Does this sound like the best solution? Am I missing something that would work better that anyone has done or can think of. Many thanks
belinda
This email, including any attachment(s) to it, is confidential
which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender. Note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
not represent those of O'Brien & Gere. O'Brien & Gere does not
accept liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email. The recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.