Re: Auto e-mail alert

  • From: "Belinda Hamilton" <HamiltBC@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<raghu.soma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:30:38 -0500

Thank you Raghavendra,
I will look into this.   I can store the addresses in a table.  If this works
it will be much easier and cleaner than what I had planned.
thank you for the information.

>>> raghu.soma@xxxxxxxxx 1/11/2008 4:21 PM >>>

Hi Belinda,

Yes, you are right!

You cannot accomplish this directly using Application alerts if you are using
the static distribution lists.

But, you have a work around. If the email addresses can be stored in a table
and the same are selected based on some critierion into a variable like &EMAIL,
then this can be used as the recipient of the mail.

Please check the seeded alert " Planned Notification Released" and you will
understand better.

I guess, i have made your point clear.

Please let me know if you still have a question.

Regards,
Raghavendra

On 1/11/08, Belinda Hamilton <HamiltBC@xxxxxxx> wrote: Hello List,
I need to create a e-mail alert that runs every Monday at 3:00.  This will have
a dynamic mail to address list based on a sql statement.  It does not look like
the Application Alerts will do this.  It looks like only static distribution
lists.

I think my alternative is to run a cron job that starts a script that will send
these e-mails.  Does this sound like the best solution?    Am I missing
something that would work better that anyone has done or can think of.

Many thanks
belinda

This email, including any attachment(s) to it, is confidential
which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender. Note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
not represent those of O'Brien & Gere. O'Brien & Gere does not
accept liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email. The recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.