[optimal] Re: Zeiss FF450 service/repair

  • From: "Eric Kegley" <ekegley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:07:06 -0500

Clause Goldbecker with CRG precicion electronics &nbsp;(713) 271-9423

No financial interest.

EK

Eric Kegley, CRA, COA
Retina Consultants of Houston
6560 Fannin St., #750
Houston, TX 77030
Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&amp;T
On Sep 9, 2011 11:47 AM, Fernando Corrada &lt;fcorrada@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

Hi Optimalers.

&nbsp;

I use a Zeiss FF450IR and lately the keyboard has been freezing and the mirror
seems to be a little slow to return. I called Zeiss today and they told me that
since last Feb they do not service the FF450's. I was ver dissapointed to say
the least! I asked them for guidance about who/where I could get the camera
serviced and they told me "to google it". Wonderful idea!!

A few years back Zeiss replaced the springs that assist the mirror up-down
movement. Anyone has spare springs? I will do the replacement myself if
necessary. Any recommendations for who can service this camera? Thank you very
much.

&nbsp;

Fernando