[optimal] Re: Topcon 50-VT artifact

  • From: "Egnatz, Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:28:11 -0400

Actually, it is St Louis Optical.

Quoting "Egnatz,  Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx>:

That's a great camera, Dirk-Uwe.  I wish I still had one.

It is possible that a blackened part of the flashtube is causing the
shadow.  Pull the flashtube and see what it looks like.  Dale Brodsky
at St. Louise Optical might have a new one.

I used to have a service manual for that camera.  I will see what I
can find (it was several moves ago).

Tom

Hi guys,
I have a favor. I have an old Topcon TRC-50VT that we converted to
digital. There is a shadow in the lower right corner of the
illumination circle when I hold a paper to it. That same darker area
shows up in the fundus photograph. Any idea where I can adjust the
illumination pathway to get even illumination? I tried finding a
service manual for the Topcon camera, but no luck so far.

Thanks a bunch,

Dirk-Uwe

--- Dirk-Uwe Bartsch PhD FARVO     Associate Adj. Professor        ---
---              Ocular Imaging Reading Center                  ---
--- Room 202 Jacobs Retina Center  URL: http://eyesite.ucsd.edu ---
--- 9415 Campus Point Dr.          phone: (858) 534-4392        ---
--- La Jolla CA 92093-0946         fax: (858) 534-6826          ---
Confidentiality Notice:

is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the