[optimal] Re: Photo quality color laser

  • From: Peterson John C <JPeterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 14:11:25 +0000

I agree with Marty. True photo quality is a claim only inkjets can make. In our
office we have a Kyocera color laser printer for "fast-and-dirty", and an HP
inkjet for digital photos, such as our clinic staff photo composite. The inkjet
gets enough use so that the inkjets stay fresh and unclogged, and little enough
use that changing cartridges does not become a burden.

-jcp

********
John C. Peterson, BS, CRA
Senior Ophthalmic Photographer
Green Team Chairperson, Univ. Station Clinics
UW Health Eye Clinic
2880 University Ave., Rm. 246
Madison, WI 53705
(608) 263-7163

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
<cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:01:45 -0700

Subject: [optimal] Photo quality color laser

In need of photo quality laser printer. Using fast, economical HP one at the

moment.  Have need of better quality printing every now and then.  HATE dealing

with those tiny ink jet cartridges.

Any recommendations?

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

CPMC Department of Ophthalmology

2100 Webster Street Suite 212

San Francisco CA 94115

(415) 600-3937   FAX (415) 600-6563

------------------------------

From: "Ron Zielinski" <ronzielinski@xxxxxxx<mailto:ronzielinski@xxxxxxx>>

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:51:14 -0700

What about Dye sublimation?

Behalf Of CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:02 PM

To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In need of photo quality laser printer. Using fast, economical HP one at the

moment.  Have need of better quality printing every now and then.  HATE

dealing with those tiny ink jet cartridges.

Any recommendations?

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

CPMC Department of Ophthalmology

2100 Webster Street Suite 212

San Francisco CA 94115