[optimal] Re: OIS WS-5000 problem

  • From: John Horna <johnhorna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:33:06 -0500

My educated guess would be static electricity.

Look in Device Manager (assume Win XP), and the camera is likely
unrecognized, but a reboot will make it OK again.

Perhaps if you can ground it, it may eliminate the problem.  You can also
try diconnecting and reconnecting Firewire to the computer prior to reboot,
but I would not hold my breath on that one.

John