[optimal] Re: Heidelberg UWF lens

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:33:14 -0700

One can photograph many things
We see this on slit lamp photomicrography routinely
We already know histopathologically that BDR carries with it microangiopathy
Now are are able to clinically image that

But I ask the question, just because you can image it, does it change the
clinical management?
Recent literature would suggest we may well need to shift our paradigm on
Background or NPDR thinking

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115