[optimal] Re: EMR

  • From: Sandor Ferenczy <sandorferenczy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:12:12 -0500

Darrin, what made you go with MedFlow?

We used to run NextGen for EMR & EPM, and quickly came to realize that
their built in image system was horrendous. the effects on performance were
exponential compared to the amount of data that was added, and the
reviewing applications were lackluster.

In the end, after 4 years with NextGen, we decided to switch, and decided
to run with a PACS system in addition to our EMR, rather than utilizing the
less than optimal built-in solutions we were seeing in demos.

2.5 TB of images into our PACS, and we are very happy with our decision.
We've got direct integration of the EMR and PACS, clinical and research use
have become very fluid, and can be accomplished on tablets or desktop
computers. It has been a long time in coming towards the final solution,
but i think 4 out of 5 days a week (and increasing) we are completely
convinced this is where we want to be for the future.

Our EMR: http://www.modmed.com/emaophthalmology
Our PACS: http://www.sonomedescalon.com/axisimagemanagement.html

-sandor

Sandor Ferenczy, CRA, OCTc