survey update May 16 2006

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

AN INTERESTING WISH
        A heater. If the temperature in a room is too low, the camera of
the Optacon still picks up the image but the fingers can't read it. For
respondents living in some countries this is a chronic state of affairs. I
don't imagine a heater and thermostat could be part of the actual Optacon,
but a nice finger warmer wouldn't be a bad idea. It could also be used
when the reading finger gets numb.
We have 104 current user surveys now.
PAPER MONEY
Those interested in reading U.S. curency might want to make experiments
near the bottom of the current bills. A design change a few years ago
means that there is a spelled out name of the denomination on the long
side near the bottom. I haven't done it the past few months but I think it
works on normal with the zoom lens adjusted to make the print a little
smaller. It's worth a try anyway.
THAT'S IT FOR NOW.
Catherine