Re: repairing units

  • From: "Ham Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:20:26 -0400

Yes, Ted,

I used Batteries Plus about five times for different Optacons.  They will
replace the batteries for around $50 or maybe less, that's for the
heavy-duty ones.

It is a simple job for somebody who is electrically inclined; it is just
soldering a bunch of D-Cells in the pack.

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.

Steve, K8SP