[optacon-l] Re: need advice about LCD monitor

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 04:17:20 -0700

Nicky and list,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sad to say, I tried disabling the defective
software with MSCONFIG last night, and now the system won't boot at all; I
am using my netbook, and it's working incredibly well. I am limiting myself
to e-mail and the web, and I unplugged the printer, scanner and label maker.
So, until I can get a working monitor, this is going to have to be my
working environment. I do have braille working and am able to use an
external keyboard. I will probably take the plunge in a day or so, depending
on what others on the list suggest, and order a new monitor.

What a relief to have a backup machine! I tried an older machine and it
didn't even boot up; it's an old lap top and the battery's probably dead.

Looks like the optacon will come to the rescue again, when the new LCD
monitor arrives.

Mary