[optacon-l] need advice about LCD monitor

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:58:33 -0700

Hi list,
My old LCD monitor doesn't seem to work with my desktop PC, and I'm in a
situation where I need to read a captcha screen and can't do it. I have a CRT
screen but the print is too small and the image is mushy regardless of what I
do. I've used the CRT lens, spent an hour adjusting it, pushing the buttons on
the monitor to clear up the image, but nothing improves it beyond the mushy,
small letters. I'm trying to uninstall a piece of software that is disrupting
my use of Internet Explorer. The captcha is in the software, so I can't use
firefox with web visum to solve it. Fortunately, I can still use Firefox as a
browser, but IE is my main browser.

If any of you is currently using an LCD monitor on your PC, I would appreciate
knowing the brand and, if possible, model number. My monitor is ten years old
and needs replacing anyway, so if anybody's got any info about a monitor that
works with the optacon, I'd appreciate the info so I can order one.

Thanks for any help.

Mary