letter in Matilda Ziegler Magazine

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:43:04 -0400

In the May 2006 Matilda Ziegler Magazine, there was a letter sent in to the
Readers Forum column by a David Glagola from Pittsburgh, PA.  He says he's
been using the Optacon for 30 years and laments the fact that no
organization has picked up the manufacture of the machine.  He apparently
thinks it's next to impossible to get the Optacon repaired.  He is totally
blind and is nearly deaf, so he can't communicate by phone.  He also
doesn't have a computer and feels frustrated by his inability to know how
and when he can purchase a new machine.

I must admit that I was both surprised and pleased to see such a letter in
the magazine at the exact time when we're trying to reach out to current
Optacon users.  Unfortunately, Mr. Glagola does not include his address
with his letter; but I'm wondering if anyone out there might know him and
how to get in touch with him re our efforts to preserve the Optacon.

Thanks.
Rachel