[optacon-l] Re: Stories from Non-Optacon Users

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:35:09 -0400

Catherine and list, here's a job/Optacon story. When I worked as a medical
secretary in the Surgical Pathology Department at Hermann Hospital in
Houston, I could not have held that job without the Optacon, which I used
for:

Lining in up typewriter and adding diagnoses on file cards;
reading patient information on forms to be put on additional pages or to be
entered in log book;
looking up diagnostic codes;
Using mailing file to send reports out to doctors
Getting file cards in alphabetical order for filing
making corrections or revisions in reports

This was about 30 years ago, so some things have changed since then. Also I
used a variety of print medical books.

In God We Trust,

Carolyn