Re: R: Re: a wish list

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:00:33 -0500

Ah, but he had a communications link which allowed him to talk to an AI far
beyond anything we have today, with respect to it's ability to extrapolate
about
what the end-user wanted to know getting beyong coloquial language Etc.
Wishful thinking is fine, but fairly useless unless specific design criteria
and
engineering parameters can be delineated.

Nick

On Fri, 12 May 2006 14:30:22 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Francesca Diodati wrote:

 Yes that was fun but let's not laugh too much at ideas which sound sci-
 fi now but may well be feasible in 20 years...I'm only 35 yest I've
 witnessed changes in technology which as a child would have sounded as
 crazy as Star Trek's transporter. And BTW, sometimes reality even goes
 beyond fiction. Not even Captain Kirk had a lap top!! LOL

 Fran

 ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >Ogg: Re: a wish list
 >
 >Well, well, well!!  What a
 wonderful sci-fi idea this would be ... right up
 >there with the Star
 Trek transformer!!  Beam me up, Scotty!!  Thanks for the
 >howling good
 laugh!!

 Arocho" <darocho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:32 PM
 >Subject: RE: a wish list
 >

 >> All
 right: now that we are getting into science fiction here is my wish:

 The Optacon 20,0006 consists of a glove electronically and digitally

 enabled, so that you simply put the glove on and arrays on you finger
 tips
 >> will allow you to put your hand on a page of print, or a
 computer
 >> holograph,
 >> and you read the information, feel the
 characters and drawings.  This
 >> Optacon comes in a variety of styles,
 colors and materials.  One accessory
 >> plugs right into your brain's
 visual cortex  so that you can bypass the
 >> hand.
 >>
 >> Wait!  By
 20,006 this Optacon will be obsolete, because they have gotten