R: Re: R: Re: a wish list

  • From: Francesca Diodati <mdiodat@xxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:24:25 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Nick, I believe your attitude is very wrong.  If scientists had that
kind of attitude, nothing would have been invented, not even the
wheel...LOL

If you want to see what scientists (not laymen like me)
are working on, just take a look at this long article
http://www.
eetimes.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=51200440

This sounds like pure
sci-fi to me, but experts say this, not Captain Kirk. I strongly
recommend this reading to anyone with an open mind. These exciting
things may be feasible for our children, or maybe even for us.

Regards

Fran
12-mag-2006 4.00 PM
>A: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<optacon-l@freelists.
org>
>Ogg: Re: R: Re: a wish list
>
>Ah, but he had a communications
link which allowed him to talk to an AI far beyond anything we have
today, with respect to it's ability to extrapolate about
>what the end-
user wanted to know getting beyong coloquial language Etc.  Wishful
thinking is fine, but fairly useless unless specific design criteria
and

May 2006 14:30:22 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Francesca Diodati wrote:

> Yes
that was fun but let's not laugh too much at ideas which sound sci-

fi now but may well be feasible in 20 years...I'm only 35 yest I've

witnessed changes in technology which as a child would have sounded as
> crazy as Star Trek's transporter. And BTW, sometimes reality even
goes
> beyond fiction. Not even Captain Kirk had a lap top!! LOL

Fran

> >Da:
> ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Data: 12-mag-2006 7.04 AM
>
>A: <optacon-
> l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Ogg: Re: a wish list
> >
> >Well,
well, well!!  What a
> wonderful sci-fi idea this would be ... right
up
> >there with the Star
> Trek transformer!!  Beam me up, Scotty!!
Thanks for the

<darocho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:32 PM
> >Subject: RE: a wish list
> >

>> All
> right: now that we are getting into science fiction here is
my wish:

> The Optacon 20,0006 consists of a glove electronically
and digitally

> enabled, so that you simply put the glove on and
arrays on you finger
> tips
> >> will allow you to put your hand on a
page of print, or a
> computer
> >> holograph,
> >> and you read the
information, feel the
> characters and drawings.  This
> >> Optacon
comes in a variety of styles,
> colors and materials.  One accessory
>
>> plugs right into your brain's
> visual cortex  so that you can
bypass the
> >> hand.
> >>
> >> Wait!  By
> 20,006 this Optacon will
be obsolete, because they have gotten
> >> the
> >> hang of growing
eyeballs and optic nerves in your head.  Oh well, it
> was a
> >> good
idea while it lasted.