[optacon-l] Preventive: Trying to Find Repairman

  • From: "Kane Brolin" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:26:13 -0400

Hi, folks.

I've just recently discovered this list, to my joy!  I'm ever so glad
to find there is still enough demand for the Optacon to justify an
active mailing list.

Through a query to the JFW Mailing List some years ago, I found a
gentleman in southern California who repairs the Optacon, and I sent
my classic unit to him a couple of years ago for repair.
He did a tremendous job--but since then, I've lost the gentleman's
name and contact info due to a computer malfunction.  (I think he is
an =E9migr=E9 from russia or one of the other Eastern European nations.)

Nothing wrong at the moment; but I know that an Optacon can encounter
problems with no warning, since I've used one for 30 years.  Any idea
whom I was dealing with and where to contact him?  I've run across the
name Richard Oehm, but I'm not at all sure this is the guy.

Kind regards,

Kane Brolin