Re: Made contact with Pittsburgh repairer of Optacons

  • From: "Linda Gehres" <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:38:45 -0700

Hi Catherine, Richard and list,

I had placed a call a couple of weeks ago to Frank Almendinger, who at one
time worked for TSI in Pennsylvania.  He returned my call today and gave me
his e-mail address:

almendin@xxxxxxxxxxx

I took the liberty of giving him your business phone number, Richard, and I
explained to him the goal of putting him in contact with you.  He did tell
me that he has a good many non-working Optacons that he cannot repair
because he doesn't have the retina cables and/or cannot make them.  He no
longer repairs Optacons unless it's for someone directly in the Pittsburgh
area, and he did say he's a busy man, having developed other business
interests and being out of town much of the time, but he did indeed seem
very interested in knowing of the list and that there were still a number of
us interested in Optacon preservation.

Linda Gehres