[optacon-l] Re: Active Optacons

  • From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:26:02 -0500

Oh, I wish we had contacts at the school district or Intermediate Unit, here
in Lancaster.  We know they had Optacons, because, several years ago, when
we were both working, we had to send one away for repair and wanted to
borrow one.  We called the IU and they said, yes, they had them, but since
we weren't high school students, we couldn't borrow them.  It didn't matter
that no one was using them, they weren't being taught; they were just
sitting around, but they wouldn't let us use them.  I wonder what they ever
did with them.  Maybe I don't really want to know!

Cindy