Re: Acronym

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <merrill.louise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:55:16 -0400

There is now a device called an optacon on the market that is not our
device. This device changes traffic lights so vehicles don't have to
wait  for a green light to go. The person who had one installed in
their truck couldn't be arrested for that. He was arrested for
creating a public nuisance since he screwed up the grid. ~Merrill

On 5/9/06, David Arocho <darocho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not sure how many of you are aware of the origin of the word "OpTaCo=
n";
> it stands for Optical to Tactile Converter.
> David

S.
> I believe both agencies purchased Optacons in the 1970s for their employe=
es.

> Hope this helps.
> Cordially,
> Eric Clegg

> Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by sending a messag=

> http://www.eset.com

> Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by sending a messag=

Real Life Spirituality from a ChristianPerspective:
http://www.RealLifeSpirituality.com/
Call me!
Get Skype
and call me for free.