RE: today's survey update May 9 or 10

  • From: "Hogg, Maureen" <mhogg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:32:26 -0600

Hello Catherine and Don -
For the moderator, I had a question.  Would it be possible to designate
in the subject line, automaticaly, that this is an e-mail off the
Optacon list on freelists?  For example, the Society for Technical
Communication has a discussion list on accessibility for all
disabilities.  In the subject line of all e-mail generated by that list
is the identification: stc.accessibility .... Then the actual subject of
the mail.  That way, the recipient knows he/she is receiving a
legitimate mail from the given discussion list.

It'd help me  weed out spam if such a designation were used.  Not all on
the Optacon list are familiar names to me, and the subject lines are
ambiguous at best.  I must open each one to be sure of content and once
or twice I've hit spam quite by accident.

Thanks!
Maureen
=20