[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)2004April20

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:48:44 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>>All of the tests were conducted outdoors.
>>

>That's very interesting, because the site you're talking about
>must be the Rosslyn office district, exactly where Linx conducted
>their tests one year ago (the ones specifically in Rosslyn achieved
>82.3 percent success, 5' antenna height, no reaiming allowed after
>the first success). See
>
>http://www.linxelectronics.com/pdf/04-08%20LINX%20NAB%20MSTV%20-%20MSTV.p=
>df

Sounds the same.  These tests were also in Rosslyn at a five-foot
antenna height.

>Sounds like 5th gen Zenith < 4th gen Linx? Although you say
>"indoors" and not just at low altitude, but outdoors. Possibly,
>a much harder reception environment.

Where did I say "indoors"?  See above.  All tests were conducted OUTDOORS.

>>Those of us who=20
>>participated in the old Sinclair trials would be hard pressed=20
>>to come up=20
>>with one site that failed.
>>

>You went indoors, in reinforced concrete and steel buildings,
>and had as many transmitters to try to receive?

We wenr indoors.  Again, all of these MSTV tests were OUTDOORS.  Some of
us went in reinforced concrete and steel buildings.

As I'm sure you already know, there was only one transmitter, switched
back and forth between 8-VSB and COFDM.

TTFN,
Mark