[opendtv] Re: Short answer to Bert

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:09:50 -0700

> You are gradually convincing me.  When I first joined this list I
> considered mobile video to be uninteresting and unneeded.  But now
> that it is shown to be economically feasible somehow I like it a
> lot more.  (don't need it more, just like it)

nobody needed EVR or Quad-8 tracks, either.

I've been waiting five or more years to see any desire or need or use by
people of mobile video.  Here's what I've seen
1)  last fall, on a sunday, about an hour before the Chargers were to play
the Raiders (always an "interesting" event, and I don't mean on the field),
I saw a guy watching a portable TV (presumably an early game) while waiting
for the trolley at the Bayside station in Chula Vista.
2)  Cadillac announcing DirecTV capability in their most expensive escalade.

I'm sure the tempo will be picking up, so that it can approach nil, and then
recede.

John (the blind is not leading me blind) Willkie