[opendtv] Re: wm trials at different telcos using wm series

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:05:51 -0700

Preshant;

When you have said "I have read from somewhere", many list members are also
members of the list where, earlier today, you read my posting.

I don't think Kon is currently a member of WMTalk (if so, he hasn't posted
for about a year) but many, many others are.

Attribution of sources is advantageous; it brings even list members who
aren't paying attention (or aren't on other apt lists) to get up to speed.
It also enables people to weigh the sources.

Not providing attribution means that you are close to providing rumors.  I
would note that most of my posts on this topic are "try it yourself" and
"don't trust anybody's statements."

You can't test these systems via email, or let email communications make up
for testing.  You'll just fail at a higher level.