[opendtv] Re: Reception in major centers

  • From: James Watt <jwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:15:48 -0500

Ok, so there's nothing in Canada, go figure.  Maybe I'll have a look on
eBay.  The ATI card - that's the one that does HD and comes with an antenna?
It's not available in Canada (must be the one you're talking about).

> For ExpressVu, you could just buy and install a 2nd dish and shuttle
> the receiver back and forth.  Or just buy a 2nd receiver too and add it
> to your existing account.

Can't get a dish onto the apt - too many buildings in the way.  I'll buy a
second receiver for Ottawa and see about streaming the picture across the
internet to Toronto.  Then pick it up here and display on the TV or my
All-in-Wonder card.  I'll do almost anything to avoid Rogers (cable
provider), including just not watching TV.

Thanks!
James.