[opendtv] Re: Qualcomm on Channel 55

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:59:51 -0700

In closed universes, anything is possible.  I note that this is not a
current deployment.

It's something of a cinch to have MPEG-4 Part 4 or 10 travel over MPEG-2
transport streams.  Frankly, I'm not even sure that there is such a thing as
MPEG-4 transport streams, and thank you, Bill, for at least raising the
issue.

I note the hypesters are too wrapped up in their panties to even recognize
that this was the central thesis of my assertion: that MPEG-4 transport
streams don't exist in the real world, and that there is little or no
technical or business reason for dropping MPEG-2 transport streams to
deliver advanced services.  Essence streams are another matter.