[opendtv] Re: News: YouTube's 2 billion daily viewership beats primetime audience of top US TV networks

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 00:52:56 -0400

Kon Wilms wrote:
So if you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist?

Advertising exists to make an impression and ultimately a sale.

I ignore it, especially if it appears unannounced and barges right into the middle of MY VIEWING EXPERIENCE so it never makes a sale to me.
It really just pisses me off.

Gotcha. Back in reality,

Reality; What a concept! My reality or yours?

it depends on what Youtube content you are watching. I take it you
have not seen any ads embedded inside the Youtube player like Adap.TV,
etc.'s stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkAEA5LYX2w&feature=related

Yes, I see and despise those annoying, nasty little popups that occur at the bottom of the screen when the audio is something heinous that can be downloaded from iTunes and I "X" out of them as soon as they appear.

iTunes is a ripoff selling low quality .mp3 recordings of music I can buy in a full quality format called a CD.

By popping those nasty little ads up they lose any chance of me responding to them, ever at any time.

Yet another example of the emperor's new clothes, or the false belief that
'saying it is so makes it so'.

Maybe you should read the context, next time?

Cheers
Kon

Perhaps I should have said, "SAYING it is effective advertising certainly does not mean it IS effective advertising."

Just because something appears in my field of view does not mean I either acknowledge it or feel I am bound to take advantage of it.

Especially if it is interrupting something I DO want to see.

DON'T BOTHER ME WHILE I'M BUSY trying to watch a snippet of film I haven't seen in 60 years.

Cliff